Monday, September 23, 2013

The Joys of Autumn


Guys! As of yesterday, it is officially autumn!

We are now entering one of my favorite times of the year. And, as an added bonus, I can now indulge in my love of hot teas without people saying things like, “It’s 96 degrees outside, are you sure you don’t want that chai iced?” (Though, honestly, it’s tea. Hot may be my favorite, but I will drink it at pretty much any temperature ;)

In addition, this is my favorite season for doing ALL THE THINGS OUTSIDE. There is nothing like hiking, biking, or taking long walks in the crisp autumn air. Or even just sitting out on the porch with my laptop and current WIP for company.

And the colors? Fiery leaves set against a rugged mountain backdrop is a view I could never get tired of. I mean, just look at the gold on these aspen trees:




And the mixture of gold, reds, and oranges tracing these hills:
  

(Yes, I took those pictures. No, I did not take them this year… But hopefully, I will have the chance to take some once the leaves have turned :)

So, are you looking forward to the wonders of autumn? What are your favorite things about the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment