Friday, December 14, 2012

I HAVE AN AGENT!! YES, IT'S TRUE!


*Warning: The following post contains a lot of capital letters and frequent overuse of the exclamation point.

Guys, after days of holding this secret inside until I literally thought I was going to explode, I finally get to tell you my MOST AMAZING NEWS!!!

I am so completely honored and beyond happy to say that I am now represented by the brilliant Louise Fury of L. Perkins Literary Agency!!!

After my first phone call with Louise (when she offered representation), I seriously thought I had fallen into some alternate dimension or some sort of too-good-to-be-true dream.

Yet…I had HER cell phone number in MY cell phone.

HER CELL PHONE NUMBER!!

But, even with her voice and words still in my head, I couldn’t believe it was true. I was seriously doubting my sanity. When I told my parents that she had offered representation, I kept thinking I was telling them a lie.

It wasn’t until she sent me a few direct messages later that night that it actually sank in.

It WAS real. The phone call, the offer,…EVERYTHING!! It actually happened!

I HAD IT IN PRINT!!

And now, I am free to tell all of you that Louise is officially my agent! And I am indescribably happy. :)

I would like to say a special thank you to all of you who have been such an incredible support system throughout this journey. I wish I could give you all a huge, squeeze-the-breath-out-of-you hug.

These last days have been completely unforgettable, and I’m looking forward to what the future will bring.

28 comments:

  1. Kristin, that's fantastic!! Congratulations, and well deserved. Xmas has come early for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phil!!! I really appreciate it. Christmas has indeed come early. :)

      Delete
  2. That is awesome!!! I don't know youm but I've seen you on Twitter, and I'm another aspiring writer, so I know how excited you must be. I just wanted to stop by and offer my sincere congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamara!! I really appreciate your words and the fact that you took the time to stop by. :) Good luck as you pursue your own writing journey! :D

      Delete
  3. YAY!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! Louise is awesome!! You'll make a great team ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, ERICA!!!!! I am SO SUPER EXCITED!!!!! :D

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Welcome to the Perkins family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the welcome, Dot!! I am honored to be a part of the family. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats! Welcome to #TeamFury!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! Thanks for brightening this day with your amazing news!! And thanks for letting me know!! I'm so very happy for you!!! <3333 Woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, MONICA!!! <3333 I am so happy to have Louise as my agent!!! :D

      Delete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS, Kristin!!! That's such great news! I know what you mean about hardly believing it--that an agent would love your manuscript and believe in you as a writer so much that they'd offer representation. It's an amazing feeling! Here's to the next steps in the journey and all good things to come! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Marice!! Yes, it's been an amazing journey so far, and I'm excited to continue sailing these writerly seas. :D Congrats again to YOU on your own fantastic news!!! <3

      Delete
  8. Massive congrats to you Kristin!!! This is a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooooot! Huge congrats! *throws confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's fantastic! I've heard wonderful things about her. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw the news on Katy's blog, and want to throw in my congratulations! Such awesome news! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! These past days have definitely been amazing. :)

      Delete
  12. DID I CONGRATULATE YOU YET? IF NOT, SHAME ON ME. Congrats!!! *eee*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, THANK YOU SO MUCH, LORI!!! :D *eeeeeee!*

      Delete
  13. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! *throws confetti* Can't wait to follow the next step of your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! *twirls in confetti* And I can't wait to follow the next step in *your* journey! :D

      Delete