Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Writing by Music #3

Since I did a Forever Faves post not long ago featuring The Lord of the Rings, I thought I'd focus in today's post on the soundtrack music from the movies. The Lord of the Rings score is some of my absolute favorite music to listen to while writing (or doing anything, for that matter). I love it so much that I even invested in the special edition releases that contain the complete recordings for all three movies. I don’t really have *favorite* songs since I love them all, but here’s a sampling (one song from each movie).

Enjoy!







4 comments:

  1. I love listening to music. I didn't start off that way. At one time during my first's books revisions, I was struggling to continue forward with the major over-haul. An idea popped in my mind to put on some tunes. It pushed me forward, got me done.
    Now, when I writing, it is pretty normal for my earbuds to be in. Occasionally, I even dance around in my seat while writing or editing. Funny, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's awesome! I personally can work so much better with music on. It really helps to focus me. As soon as I open an MS, the earbuds go in. :D I'm glad you found out that music helps you so much!

      Delete
  2. I have The Return of the King soundtrack and it's quite lovely. I generally have to write to music without words, but I've recently found I can revise with regular songs! Weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Really? That's kind of great, though. Songs without words=writing time. Songs with words=revising time. :D

      By the way, I hope the revising is going well for you! Good luck!

      Delete