Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme

My brilliant writing friend Julia King tagged me to post 7 lines from my MS. I’ve never posted an excerpt from my novels on my blog, so you are in for a *very* rare treat. :)

Here are the rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know

This is definitely taken out of context, but hopefully it still makes a bit of sense.
_________________________________________________________________

After an hour of stares and near-approaches by one person or another, I finally get fed up. I grab a bow and quiver of arrows from the wall and leave the main building in favor of the training fields.
The bow is definitely not my strongest weapon. I’ve always envied the people who can shoot well – their stance, the fluid way they aim, the precision with which they hit the target. No matter how I practice, I never seem able to achieve that ability.
Determined that today will be different, I shoot several rounds in a row. But most of the arrows skirt the bulls-eye as if some hidden force is pushing them to either side of it. The rest hit the dirt.
Gathering the arrows, I try yet again.
The first arcs over the fence, the second skids across the ground, and the third somehow manages to break in half mid-flight.
This weapon hates me.
As I take my stance and aim the next arrow, Jarrett puts his hand on my arm. With a small movement, he realigns my elbow. “Shoot,” he whispers.
_________________________________________________________________
Well, I hope y’all enjoyed it!

And now, on to the tagging… *rubs hands together*

I’ve chosen the following people to share lines from their current MS:


Some you may be unable to post lines right now (due to a whole host of factors), and I completely understand that. This is a no-pressure tag. *smiles* For those who are able to post, I look forward to reading!

Have fun, my friends!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, cool. This should be fun.... *is now curious to see what page 77 talks about*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging! I will post tonight. (ha, and that was 7 words, too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Phil! I look forward to reading! :) (Ugh, mine was 8 words...lol!)

      Delete
    2. Hey Kristin -- I finally posted this! Sorry it took so long :(

      Delete
  3. Hey Kristin!! Thanks so much for thinking about me!! :D I, um, I would post something but I'm on page 58 of my wip, so this is what page 77 looks like now:
    "





    "
    There! LOL
    But thanks again! I had a great time reading your excerpt. I think this was a fun tag game!! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's hilarious! :D No problem at all. I knew some of you might not be able to post. :) I'm glad you enjoyed my excerpt and the tag game, though!! <333

      Delete
  4. Eep! That was fabulous! I so have to read this. I love the arrow that somehow breaks in half. haha Great writing. Pulled me right in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much, Julia!!! I'm glad you liked it! <333 And thanks for thinking of me for the tag. It was fun! :)

      Delete
  5. Haha, so I can't post whatever is one page 77 of my manuscript because...that chapter is being cut up. With scizzors. And taped back together with new material. I'm not even sure if page 77 is intact right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever is ON, not whatever is one.

      Delete
    2. Haha, no worries! I knew some people wouldn't be able to do it. ;) I hope the scissor work and the taping together is going well. Good luck! :D

      Delete