Friday, March 30, 2012

Forever Faves #4 - Kidnapped

Robert Louis Stevenson has always been one of my favorite classical authors. He wrote a number of amazing and memorable works such as Treasure Island, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and The Black Arrow. However, my all-time favorite novel written by him is Kidnapped*. I was a young teen the first time I read Kidnapped, and I totally and completely fell in love with the story. It’s been a favorite ever since.


Book Description:

Young David Balfour, left in poverty when his father dies, goes to his uncle, Ebenezer, for assistance. He soon finds himself kidnapped and on board a ship, headed for a life of slavery. With the help of daring rebel Alan Breck, David escapes, only to get mixed up in a desperate adventure – suspected of murder and hunted across the Scottish moors.

*For those of you who may not know, Kidnapped has a sequel entitled David Balfour (otherwise known as Catriona).

2 comments:

  1. I read the Classic Comic Book version of Kidnapped about 100 times. I really should read the actual book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever seen that version. Sounds fun, though! :) And you should definitely read the actual book; it's SO good.

      Delete