Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!!

Hey everyone!

This is the very first post of the year 2012! Is anyone else excited for this new year? I sure am. I don’t know why, but it’s definitely giving me good vibes. *smile*

Right about now, people all over are setting goals for this year, and I’m no different. I have a number of goals, but I'll share just a couple of my writing/reading related ones here:

Write every single week at least five days a week.

I did pretty good with this one last year, but there were times that I didn't write five days a week. Even if I only manage to yank out a single paragraph, I *will* make that goal this year.

Read at least fifty books.

A lot of these will probably be YA since that’s what I write and what I love, but I also want to mix in several adult books of varying genres. I’m a fantasy and mystery/suspense girl, but I also *love* historical fiction and the classics. I hope to get to some books on my shelves that I’ve put off reading for one reason or another.


And my ultimate -- my *dream* -- goal for this year…

To sign with an agent.

So, what goals are you setting for yourself this year? Whatever they are, I hope you have fun achieving them. :)

Happy New Year! 


6 comments:

  1. Great goals! I'm sure you'll be able to hit them all too :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dan!! And I sure hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a reading goal, too! I also have a goal involving having the number of books I've purchased but not read go DOWN instead of up...

    And I would love to get an agent. I'm calling that one a dream, though, since I don't have any control over whether or not an agent will want to sign me. I do have a lot of goals relating to querying though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee. Yeah, I'd really like to get to some of the books that have been on the TBR list for a loooong time. :)

    And yes, finding an agent is definitely my *dream* goal, as well. Yay for your querying goals! I'll be cheering for you!

    I hope you achieve all the goals you've set for 2012! Have fun and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your goals. May I have them? How about we share?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Leslie! And yes, we can definitely share. :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete