Monday, November 21, 2011

Writing by Music

Anytime I am writing, plotting, drafting, revising, editing, or simply thinking of new story ideas, I listen to music. I know some people enjoy silence when working on their novels, but I enjoy music. It puts me in the writing/revising mode and helps to clear my thoughts. My musical tastes range from rock, pop, country, and symphonic metal to soundtracks and classical music.

Since music is such a huge part of my life, both in and out of writing (I play several instruments and teach music), I thought I'd share some songs with you every once in a while.

Here are a couple of relaxing piano pieces by David Lanz:




2 comments:

  1. As SOON as I can bear to turn off Nightwish, I will have to listen to these, since we have established that you like good music. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Okay! I can't bear to turn off Nightwish right now, either. These pieces by David Lanz are soooo pretty and relaxing. :) They're a bit different from Nightwish (hee!), but still very good. :)

    ReplyDelete