Friday, July 1, 2011

Vacation Post #2

Hi, y'all!

I am back from my lovely family vacation. It is always sort of sad when vacation time is over, yet I am also glad to be back home. I have a lot of plans for the rest of the summer and am anxious to get going with them.

I thought I'd share a few more pictures with you. A visual summary, if you will, of the last couple of weeks.

After our day at the aquarium, we drove about an hour away to this campsite:




Pretty, right? It was an amazing location. We did tons of exploring, we played lots of outdoor games, and we had a bunch of BBQs. Oh, and we ate a lot of frozen treats. Everyone knows that vacation = ice cream.

While we were at this campsite, we saw a couple of really interesting things. First, the campers across from us had something rather peculiar set up at their site.


Yeah, I'm still not quite sure what to make of it. I mean, it's a cute little palm tree (the thing couldn't have been more than a foot tall), but they travel with it? What do y'all think? Would you be able to leave home without your lit-up palm tree?

Second, we found this:


So...I guess whoever was building this fence just got tired and went home. Okay, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe he ran out of wood. But that is seriously bad planning. Just saying.

I happen to love animals, just like most of the members of my family (my dad is still skeptical). Well, as much as I love animals, my sister is an animal fanatic. So our vacation had to involve a trip to the zoo.


This monkey wearing the fringe coat got really angry when we stopped to watch him eat. He took his lettuce and grumped his way up to higher branches.

Two points to whoever can find and identify the animal in the next picture (Come on, it's not that hard).


Oh, this was cool. See this peacock?


Well, we came across him again later. He had found a group of females. This was the result:

"Gather 'round, ladies. I know you want a piece of this."
The females were thoroughly unimpressed. I don't think they even stopped eating long enough to acknowledge him. Poor guy.

While we were there, we got to feed the giraffes.



Those dudes have crazy long tongues. When you hold out lettuce to them, they wrap their tongue around it, sliming your fingers in the process. It was a very educational experience.

Lastly, we got to pet a baby wallaby. This had to be the highlight of the zoo trip for me (except, of course, seeing the big cats. I LOVE big cats).


Isn't it sweet? Its fur was so very soft. *sigh*

And there you have it. A brief (sort of) summary of my family vacation.

How is everyone doing? Do you have any vacation stories to share?

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great vacation! I can't believe you got to see a baby wallaby up close. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel - Welcome to the blog! :) I did have a fantastic vacation, and the wallaby was sooooo cute! I wanted to take it home with me. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete