First of all, the rules for this award are:
* Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
* Share seven random facts about myself.
* Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
* Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
Since the rules say to award this to 5 new-found blogging buddies, I decided to award it to the following five people who I have recently connected with:
Now, without further ado, here are seven random facts about myself.
1. My analytical side was dominant when I started college (went in as meteorology and chemistry major) but my creative side won out in the end (majored in history and took tons of English and music classes). Though I still have a love for equations, Lewis Structures, and turbulent weather, I think everything worked out for the best since I teach music and write like one obsessed. *smile*
2. I have moved twenty-two times. In fact, I have moved so many times that it is practically a hobby. Every year I go through this faze of feeling like I need to start packing. But it passes quickly. I have been enjoying the last several years in one place.
3. The number twenty-two is significant. I already said that I have moved twenty-two times, but it goes way beyond that. I was born on the twenty-second, but so were my mom, my sister, my grandmother, and my aunt. I even count my grandfather in there. He was born on the eleventh. Close enough right? (11 x 2 = 22)
4. I cannot write without music. Okay, technically I can, but I would prefer not to. Music puts me in the right frame of mind, and the words flow better. Here lately, my musical preference for writing has been rock. But I listen to a lot of different stuff: country, pop, classical, soundtracks,…. The list could go on.
5. I was sneaky as a child. But not a terribly bad sneaky. My sneakiness came from reading under the covers after being told to go to bed. Yep. Flashlight + book + cave of covers = great late night adventures. The best part when my parents would come to check on me, and I would try my hardest to pretend I was asleep. Were they fooled? No way.
6. I have a soft spot for all things pirate. Ever since I was tiny I have loved the villainy, the mutiny, and the swashbuckling of a pirate ship. I cleaned out the children’s section of my local library reading every pirate-ish book I could lay my hands on. You do know what this means, right? I will eventually write a story with pirates in it. Oh yeah.
7. I’ve never been outside the continental United States, but someday I would really love to go to Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, England, Italy, and Ireland.
So, how is everyone doing? Are you enjoying the almost-summer? Any upcoming vacations? I will be leaving on vacation soon, but I will blog as often as I have an internet connection. I will probably even post some pictures.