Thursday, June 9, 2011

In Which I Reveal An Award and Tell Seven Random Things About Myself

A while back, Lori M. Lee, awarded The Versatile Blogger Award to me. I am just now (finally) doing a post about it.



First of all, the rules for this award are:

* Thank and link to the person who nominated me.
* Share seven random facts about myself.
* Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
* Contact those buddies to congratulate them.


Since the rules say to award this to 5 new-found blogging buddies, I decided to award it to the following five people who I have recently connected with:



Now, without further ado, here are seven random facts about myself.

1. My analytical side was dominant when I started college  (went in as meteorology and chemistry major) but my creative side won out in the end (majored in history and took tons of English and music classes). Though I still have a love for equations, Lewis Structures, and turbulent weather, I think everything worked out for the best since I teach music and write like one obsessed. *smile*

2. I have moved twenty-two times. In fact, I have moved so many times that it is practically a hobby. Every year I go through this faze of feeling like I need to start packing. But it passes quickly. I have been enjoying the last several years in one place.

3. The number twenty-two is significant. I already said that I have moved twenty-two times, but it goes way beyond that. I was born on the twenty-second, but so were my mom, my sister, my grandmother, and my aunt. I even count my grandfather in there. He was born on the eleventh. Close enough right? (11 x 2 = 22)

4. I cannot write without music. Okay, technically I can, but I would prefer not to. Music puts me in the right frame of mind, and the words flow better. Here lately, my musical preference for writing has been rock. But I listen to a lot of different stuff: country, pop, classical, soundtracks,…. The list could go on.

5. I was sneaky as a child. But not a terribly bad sneaky. My sneakiness came from reading under the covers after being told to go to bed. Yep. Flashlight + book + cave of covers = great late night adventures. The best part when my parents would come to check on me, and I would try my hardest to pretend I was asleep. Were they fooled? No way.

6. I have a soft spot for all things pirate. Ever since I was tiny I have loved the villainy, the mutiny, and the swashbuckling of a pirate ship. I cleaned out the children’s section of my local library reading every pirate-ish book I could lay my hands on. You do know what this means, right? I will eventually write a story with pirates in it. Oh yeah.

7. I’ve never been outside the continental United States, but someday I would really love to go to Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, England, Italy, and Ireland.


So, how is everyone doing? Are you enjoying the almost-summer? Any upcoming vacations? I will be leaving on vacation soon, but I will blog as often as I have an internet connection. I will probably even post some pictures. 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    Until seven years ago, I had never been outside of the continental US either. Now, I've been to both Hawaii and Alaska. I still haven't left the country, though. I'd love to go to Japan and Europe.

    Thank you for the award! I appreciate it a lot. I've actually already received this award. But, I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenni - Hawaii and Alaska? That is so neat! Japan would be another great place to see. My mom was born over there (her father was in the military), and it would be really cool to see where she was born. :)

    You totally deserve the award! The fact that you have received it twice just means that you are doubly versatile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Kristin! I'm honored. Wow, you've moved 22 times! That has got to be hard. I love writing to music too. I've started making play lists for my novels, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather - You are so welcome! You completely deserve it. :)

    I've begun making playlists for my novels as well! It has been tons of fun!

    Yes, I've moved 22 times. But it actually hasn't been too bad. I have been able to see a lot of cities and states and meet a lot of amazing people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award Kristin! So sweet of you:)

    I love your random facts...especially the moving one. I too have moved a butt load and its in my blood. I start getting antsy after a year:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deana - You're welcome! I've really been enjoying your blog. :)

    Haha! Isn't it strange how you get so used to moving that it feels like you're supposed to keep doing it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Kristin! :D I'll work on that post when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was little, I used a rubber band, a long piece of string, and some thumb tacks to connect the doorknob of my bedroom to the light switch. When the doorknob turned, the switch turned off and the string fell away to hang innocently by the door. Parents weren't exactly fooled, but they were confused. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenna - You're so welcome! I am looking forward to reading your post! :)

    Robin - Hahaha! That is hilarious! Isn't it funny what we book lovers will do to stay in a story just a little bit longer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for passing along the award to me, Kristin! I'll try and get my post up this weekend. :)

    And I love #7...I encourage as much travel as you can fit into the years of your life! I'm the daughter of a commercial airline pilot (and my brother is one too!), so I grew up traveling. Not to mention, my mom's side of the family is born / raised in Hawaii (and I ended up going to college at Hawaii Pacific University), so I try to go back as often as I can. Absolutely loved Italy (24 days there for my Honeymoon), Guatemala, Dominican Republic and Peru - those last 3 I was able to visit on multiple occasions, because of my job. So lucky, for sure. Hey, did I just answer my 7 facts about me? :)

    Thanks again, Kristin - happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin - You're welcome!! :) I can't wait to read your post! As far as wondering if you've answered your 7 facts ... I think you at least deserve partial credit. :D

    But that is so neat! Maybe sometime you can tell me a bit about all the places you've been. I love learning about other countries and cultures. :)

    You lived in Hawaii? That is so cool! My mom lived in Hawaii when she was little! She talks about it a lot. She absolutely loved living there. She really wants to take the rest of us there for a big family vacation sometime. Hawaii is one of the top places on my "places to see" list. :)

    ReplyDelete