Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chimichanga Challenge

Hi y’all!

So I have been a very bad blogger the last couple of weeks. Only two posts during that whole time? Shocking, I know. I am hoping to get back on track this week, and I will blog at least twice every week. Though three times is my goal. Or more, if I get in a ravenous bloggy blog mood.

An update about myself:

Awesome authors Brodi Ashton and Bree Despain have officially begun their Chimichanga Challenge! Why did they name it Chimichanga? Well, I am not completely sure that even they know, but Brodi describes the circumstances of forming the Chimichanga Challenge here. Just think Tamales…

Anyway, Brodi has invited other writers to join in! What exactly is the Chimichanga Challenge?

It is an epic – epic – writing contest.

21 Days

40,000 Words

The Challenge ends May 6, 2011.

Being the lover of challenges that I am, I have launched myself into this writing contest. I can totally write 40,000 words in 21 days. No problem. Am I right?

Am I?

Hmmm….I guess that remains to be seen.

I will keep you all posted on my progress, so get out that virtual whip. (Though I am certain I will not need that particular encouragement. *grin*)

So what is my contest word count so far?

4,225/40,000

Apparently, all I need now is a team name. Brodi is Team Tamale.

Can any of you think of a cool name for my team? This whole challenge naming system seems to revolve around food, so a cool sounding food name would be perfect.

What is everyone else up to? Are you doing anything to challenge yourself? (Comments do not have to be writing related)

14 comments:

  1. Oh man. A challenge named after Mexican food? That's so me. I <3 tex-mex. Especially burritos.

    40k by May 6th looks tough! May give it a try. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be Team Churro. That's what I'd be, if I was playing. :) (If I add 40,000 words to my WIP, it will be completely unpublishable!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also--I can't believe I wasn't following you yet! I added you to my blogroll, but forgot to click the follow button? Crazy. The situation has been remedied.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elle - Welcome to the blog! Mexican food is brilliant, isn't it? I <3 tex-mex too! You should totally give the challenge a try! And thanks. I am going to need that good luck. :) Glad you stopped by!

    Robin - You are way awesome! I love Team Churro! I think I will go with it 'cause it is just too perfect! Hmm, now I am getting hungry....

    Haha! Yeah, you might not want to add 40,000 words to your WIP. That might be a bit counter-productive for you, yes? BTW, how are the revisions going?

    And don't worry about not following! :)

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revisions are plugging along--except life keeps sapping all my writing time! Grrr. Figured out today how to fix some of the romance, so I'm excited to do some writing tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin - Isn't it annoying how frequently life gets in the way of writing?? :) But it sounds like you're making great progress in spite of it! Yay! I can't wait to read your novel. Your pitch made it sound so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had the time to commit to this challenge. It would be so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna - Welcome to the blog! Glad to have you! As far as the challenge goes...perhaps there will be one that you can do another time! One that will work with you and your schedule a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--40K in 21 days. That's a good challenge. I've done the nanowrimo where you write 50K in 30 days and I've been successful at that (tooting my horn). But 21 days? Good luck. You can do. Just set aside your internal editor and go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angela - Congrats on successfully completing the nanowrimo challenge! And thanks for the encouragement. So far, so good. I am actually kind of loving this... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for Team Churro! So far, you are totally kicking my but... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brodi - Haha! I don't know... Now that you're back from your trip, you'll probably catch up to me and pass me by! Team Tamale - a force to be reckoned with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a fabulous blog! I want to award you the Creative Blog Award for all the hard work you do!

    I invite you to follow me as we have a lot in common, but no pressure. I’m not giving you the award just so you will follow me. You really do deserve it!

    My blog specialize in helping writers get published by learning from agents, editors and authors who I interview.
    Tomorrow, I am having a literary agent on my blog as a special guest. She has some great tips for authors.

    Take care and have a nice day :-)
    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deirdra - I am glad you enjoy the blog! Thank you very much for the award! You are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete