Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Grammatically Yours

I have decided to bring you a new feature on the blog called “Grammatically Yours.” Grammar can be exceptionally confusing, but it is a key component to being able to write.

Obviously, all of us are going to make grammar mistakes. The purpose of these posts is not to nit pick. I myself make mistakes even though I have studied grammar for years.

The purpose of these posts is simply to aid and to – dare I say it? – have fun.

Yes.

Fun.

Grammar does not have to be scary.

Every once in a while, I may put up a grammar game, or something similar, to get our creative juices flowing. Hopefully, we can make grammar interesting.

I have not settled on a set day for this feature. However, if it becomes something that everyone is interested in, I may dedicate a day to it at some point.

The first post of “Grammatically Yours” will begin next week. Feel free to comment publically or email me with topical suggestions. I will certainly take them into consideration when planning blog posts. Any comments are welcome and also very much encouraged.

What are your experiences with grammar? Is it the plague? Do you grudgingly admire it? Or are you someone who gets excited at the mere mention of infinitive phrases?

4 comments:

  1. This is great. I look forward to working on my grammar. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for grammar! If you have any suggestions for topics, don't hesitate to let me know. I want this to be very interactive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin,
    This sounds fun (LOL). Yeah, grammar. I think lately I've been comma happy. One great topic might be when to use ; semi colon.

    I'll be sure to drop in and see what kinds of things you have posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebekah - The semicolon would be a great topic! I will add it to the list. Thanks!

    If you think of anything else, let me know. ;)

    ReplyDelete