Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day, The Grass is Greener

Happy Valentine’s Day!!

The evening thus far has involved Italian food. Yum.

Now I am getting ready to do…..

Revisions!

Awesome revisions. They are so brilliant. They are so fun. And I am not being sarcastic at all.

Really.

No really.

I ♥ revisions.

*grin*

Truly though, if it makes the novel better, do it. 

Do it. Do it. Do it!

Hopefully, I will have most of the Novel A revisions finished this week. YAY! Then I will be focusing on the sequels, particularly Novel B2.

Before I skip off to Revision Land, I will leave you with a link. There is a good post on the Query Tracker blog entitled “The Grass is Always Greener.” Check it out.

Have a great rest of the day! ♥

4 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    I LOVE revisions too (LOL). There's something about reworking/rewriting scenes to make them better.

    To me this is like the "happily ever after" for the story. Making sure you have everything in order!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah - I am glad you love revisions! Sometimes I am sarcastic about it, but I actually don't mind doing revisions. My absolute favorite part is the "mystery" of the first draft - when the novel is like a huge puzzle and you don't know how all the pieces will fit together yet.

    But I enjoy revisions as well. They are like taking the rough stone and polishing it to a perfect, shiny emerald. You are right, revisions bring the story to life and provide the "happily ever after." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the insight. Writing definitely is a journey, no matter what stage we're in.

    Hey, my surprise is finally here! Any author who wants to can add info to my author showcase!

    http://michellesvann.blogspot.com/2011/02/author-showcase-welcome-emhe-viewers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle - You are so right. The journey of a writer is ongoing, and it is absolutely worth every moment. :)

    Thanks for the comment...and the link!

    ReplyDelete