Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Submissions and Helpful Blogs/Posts

Hey, y’all!

Sorry for my negligence in posting on Monday. I actually succumbed to a pretty nasty cold and have been a bit out of the loop. I thought about trying to post, but rather than risk inane, fever-induced babblings, I decided that silence might be the best course. *grin*

So, now that I am thinking a bit more clearly, I feel ready to tackle a new post!

On the writing front:

The submission process for Novel B is going quite well, and I am pleased with the progress. Novel A is getting a few minor revisions and, once I am finished, I will be putting it back out on submission. Hopefully the revisions will not take more than a week or two.

In other news:

Nathan Bransford is conducting a very interesting poll on his blog regarding the e-book trend. You can find his post here. What are your own thoughts concerning the rise of the e-book? Do you own an e-reader? What do you think of traditional print books versus e-books?

The Book Talk blog has a new helpful post up – “Writing Tip: Describing with Verbs,” and literary agent Kristin Nelson posted a few “Quick & Easy Answers” on her blog Pub Rants (Short for ‘Publishing Rants’). Topics include selling a novel to publishers and film rights.

Finally, if you are beginning the submission process, be sure to check out the following websites:  Writer Beware, Preditors & Editors, and SFWA’s Thumbs Down Agency List. These sites were formed with the express purpose of protecting writers, and I would encourage you to make use of them.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment