Monday, January 17, 2011

Novel B Part 2, Blog Roll

Happy Monday, everyone!!

On the writing front:

I have officially begun to sketch out the opening to “Wannabe Novel C;” however, this project will not be the focus of my endeavors right now. I will just be working on it a bit on the side. I have decided to focus instead on Novel B Part 2. Novel B is the first book in a series, and after just completing the first installment, I am ready to move on to the next book. I have already written the first few pages and have several plot points sketched out. My goal for this week is at least 5,000 words. I’ll let you know next Monday if I succeeded. The pressure is on….

I don’t know about the rest of you writers out there, but writing the first draft of my novels is always my favorite part of the process. I don’t mind the editing much, and there are times that I truly enjoy it. Shaping and honing the novel through a series of revisions is like taking a dull stone and polishing and buffing until you are rewarded with a perfect, sparkling emerald (or diamond or ruby or opal or…. Insert other stone).

On the other hand, the first draft is the one that holds the mystery of what the novel will become. In the first draft, the details, the characters, the actions, etc., are indistinct even to the author. It is the challenge of searching and the thrill of actually finding that make the first draft so exciting.

Anyway, it took me three paragraphs to say I am happy about this new project. I know, I could have said it in one sentence. But where’s the fun in that?

In other news:

I have updated my blog to include a new blog roll of some of my favorite writing/publishing blogs [located in the right column]. The blog roll stays current at all times with the newest posting listed under the blog’s title and a link to take you to the post.

Also, as you noticed on Wednesday, I posted a personal review of a book that I have read and loved. I will do this every so often in the future. Mostly, the books will be young adult since that is what I write; however, I will also review other books as well. Be sure to check back for those.

So what is going on with everyone else? Do you have your own favorite writing/publishing blogs or websites that you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment