Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Novel B and Organizational Skills, Balbo's First 'Official' Business

Hey, everyone!! Happy Wednesday! 


I hope you are having a good week so far and are enjoying the new year. I know I sure am. Well, I have sent out a few more queries, and I will be putting together some more over the next couple of days to agents on my list. I was/am pretty organized with my query submission for Novel A. But that only goes so far as a handwritten list in a notebook with the dates written haphazardly to the side. 


I have refined my technique for Novel B. A lot. I even have this cool chart on the computer with blocks for the agents' names, dates I sent queries, responses, etc. Oh yeah, a whole new level.... Maybe this is a sign?


Kidding.


Now on to...


Balbo Ohanzee: (clears throat)


Me: Oh no. What are you doing back? Can't I just...wish you away or something?


Balbo Ohanzee: Nothing you do can get rid of me.


Me: I can still try, can't I?


Balbo Ohanzee: I am here on official business.


Me: Let me guess. You are about to pull out that virtual whip.


Balbo Ohanzee: You learn quickly.


Me: Duh. Get on with it.


Balbo Ohanzee: If you haven't noticed, your "weekly quote" is the very same one you put up when you started this blog almost a month ago. You might as well call it the "monthly quote" or, if changing it is too difficult a task for you, the "everlasting quote."


Me: Enough already! Point taken. I'll find a new quote.


Balbo Ohanzee: Good. And you know I'll be here to remind you if you forget again.


Me: How thrilling. (pause) You know what? I was doing a bit of research, and I found out something of interest.


Balbo Ohanzee: Why do I get the feeling I will not like this?


Me: I have the feeling you will hate this! Ha! So I found out your first name means inarticulate or mutterer, and your last name means shadow.


Balbo Ohanzee: So?


Me: So? So you are an inarticulate muttering shadow!! (Laughing gleefully) 


[silence]


Me: Isn't it ironic? You are some weird invisible "blog entity," and you are critiquing me. But your name means inarticulate? Mutterer? Haha!


[silence]


Me: Uh, Balbo? Balbo?


I guess he left. Anyway, to all of you out there tired of seeing the same quote on my blog, I will try to find a new one before Friday's post. Remember, there will also be a new 'Writing Hint' on Friday. In the meantime, have a wonderful rest of the day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your newest character......or should I say invisible friend! I think we have all have our own "inarticulate muttering shadow" but often don't notice them and certainly don't get to know them as well as your Balbo Ohanzee. I look forward to more posts about him. ;)) But don't forget...he is the "inarticulate" one and you are the writer........in any duel, he hasn't a chance. ;) So courage, my friend! Let the sparing begin!

    ReplyDelete