Monday, January 10, 2011

More Snow and Winding Up Revisions

Hi, y’all!

How is everyone this fine Monday?

Over the last day and a half we have had another big snowstorm dump 10.5 inches of snow on us. But now the sun is out and the skies are a beautiful blue and the snow is sparkling like a blanket of jewels. A friend invited me to go snowshoeing, and I might just have to do that. A walk in the bright, snowy wilderness sounds like tons of fun right about now.

On the writing front, I am just about finished with one last round of self-imposed revisions on Novel B. This will be number eight, I think, but it is definitely worth it. I am very satisfied with the caliber of the story now. Besides, one of my characters was misbehaving and had to be brought back in line. He’s good now.

In addition to revising Novel B, I have been planning ideas for my next project and am excited to get going on it. I will update you once I actually have begun to write it. I guess we’ll just have to call it Wannabe Novel C. It will not be allowed to have strict “Novel C” status until I have completed the first full draft….

So what's happening with everyone else? I hope today is the start of a brilliant week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on being in the middle of revision hell. (At least, it's hell for me.)

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brodi - I definitely enjoy the actual "writing" part of my novels the best. Revisions are okay. I mean I don't absolutely "hate" them. But yes...not my favorite by any means. :)

    Oh, I am trying to compile a list of upcoming writer's conferences in the western states to publish on my blog. Are there any particular ones in Utah, or other states for that matter, that you think would be good to include in the list?

    ReplyDelete