Monday, December 20, 2010

Waiting, Writing, And Wind

Hi, y'all,

There is not a whole lot going on right now as far as the writing is concerned. I have not really heard anything from my original handful of queries for Novel B, and I am pretty sure I will not hear anything until the first part of January. Many agents are taking some very much needed time off from the daily deluge of queries until after New Year's.

But, in my mind, the break is quite welcome. Here lately I've been burying myself in my manuscript every night until almost two in the morning then falling into bed exhausted. But I haven't been able to fall asleep because I've been so wired, my brain trying to process the actions of every character, the nuance of every sub-plot, the mechanics of every word.....yeah, you get the idea. I think I need a few days to let my mind relax. It really became clear when my brother said something to the effect of, "You're always on the computer." Great.

I'm sure you're thinking right now, "I thought she was done with Novel B." Well, I am. But, as I have said before, the revisions are never done until the book is on the shelf. There are always things I can find that I would like to improve.

In other news, we are having a crazy snow storm at my place. The only catch is, there's no snow. Hmm. All we have received so far is really, really hard wind (the kind that makes the house tremble), and two power outages. Each one lasted about forty minutes. Supposedly, we were supposed to get quite a bit of snow. But there has been nothing so far. And I live at 8,000 feet. We received three early snow storms, but nothing lately. This may be the first Christmas in years with no snowfall. Maybe it will come. I hope so. The wind I can do without.

How's the weather where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment