Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Book, New Queries

I have heard so many times (from authors and agents) to just keep writing. You get fifteen rejections a week on Novel A? That's alright! It will all work out if you just keep writing. That is the solution to every problem. Write! Set Novel A aside and let your mind take you to new places and people. Write another book!!!

So, that is what I have done. While I have been querying and submitting to agents for Novel A, I have also been furiously writing a whole new story (Novel B). It has worked as a great distraction from the very long and tangled journey of Novel A.

Well, Novel B is now finished. It is written, it is edited (many times), and it is all polished and shiny for its first foray into the agent/publishing world. Holding a finished manuscript is like nothing else. It makes me feel very good when all my characters finally know who they are and what they are supposed to be doing.

I have had a running query going for a few months now, but I finally settled on a summary and format that I like. Even now, I am compiling my super list of possible agents.

Wish me luck! How is everyone out there doing? Any plans? I might go out and throw some snow balls later in celebration. Those of you with no snow....I'm very sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment