Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Memories, First Rejections

Time spent with friends and family is the best. I hope all of you had as amazing of a Christmas as I did. Family, laughter, games, movies, music, presents, cookies, cider, a fire in the fireplace.... Brilliant. We sort of had a white Christmas, if you count the scattered patches containing little more than a half an inch of snow. But hey, we take what we can. It was the first Christmas in Colorado that we did not get snow on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. At least the wind storms finally ceased and the power stayed on. Woo hoo! It was a perfect week. Did y'all have a good Christmas?


On the writing front, things have basically been at a standstill. As I said in an earlier post, I do not expect a whole lot to happen until after New Years. On the other hand, remember those first few query letters I sent out on Novel B? Well, I have received my first couple of rejections. I see not every agent takes a nice long break for the holidays. Pity. Oh well, I am actually kind of glad to have the first rejections out of the way. Now I can tweak my query and work on sending out some more letters!


Have a good rest of the day, everyone. Enjoy the last four days of 2010!!

2 comments:

  1. I can see you are a good writer just from how well you write this blog.

    ReplyDelete